If you are too busy with lots of activities in your daily basis, you can’t help but only spare a time to have a short trip during weekend. Remember that vacation is not luxury but necessity today. With high demands of fast-changing world, everything seems to be in a rush. You are too busy catching with others so you won’t get left behind. Millennial sometimes forget that they need to have a break to void breakdown anytime soon. Thus, having a short getaway can be a good solution to avoid hustle and bustles of busy city.
How to make of the most of your short getaway
Having a short trip means you have very limited time to truly enjoy your holiday. However, you still can make the most of it. Time cannot limit the level of happiness or fun you get from a vacation. You deserve a breather after all your hard work anyway. So here are some tips to make the most of your short trip. Thus, you will feel recharged and energized after.
- Plan ahead. Even though your trip is a short one, you still need to plan it. Thus, you will know which places you can actually afford to go within limited time. You can even plan months prior for a short trip. If it is possible, you can go on Friday after leaving your work if you plan it thoroughly beforehand. Choose a destination where main attractions situated within walking distance so you don’t need to waste your time reaching each location.
- Make sure to prioritize what most important for you for the trip. List places you must see and must activities to do. For example, if visiting the beach is not that special at your travel destination, you can skip that and replace it other activities such as visiting local festivals if your schedule fits.
- Just because it is a short trip, doesn’t mean you can overschedule it. Going from one attraction to another in a rush won’t do you any good. It will just exhaust you even more. At the time you back at home, you won’t feel recharged but more drained than before. Thus, set the right pace so that you can truly enjoy the places you visit. If you have red eye flight, you can take benefit of it for a shut eye so that you won’t be sleep-deprived.
- It is highly recommended to pack light as to not burden you with unnecessary weight. It is a short trip anyway. You can wear the same clothes for both flights and nobody cares. When packing, don’t think of what ifs. Just focus on what you are going to truly needed.
- Do not forget to truly enjoy your time. You can hunt local foods because food often bring you happiness. Try to focus more on what in front of you and forget about all the works awaiting for you at home and office. When you are on a short trip, you are free to do anything you want.