A break from all the stress and hustle in you daily basis is important. You cannot succumb on your busy activities and drowned in stress. One of the solutions is to have a trip and short getaway is enough for you. Of course, most people prefer a long holiday in a private island to will the stress away. However, short trip can be fun too where you spend your weekend in a new place. Packing is necessary no matter what kind of trip you are going to have. Most travelers now are more into light packing. Aside from efficient, it won’t burden you during your short getaway.
Tips for packing to prepare for a short getaway
If you are used to travelling domestically and internationally, you must have known on what to pack and what not to. For a short trip, there is no need for you to bring too many clothes or unnecessary items. Your short trip should be made at its most so you can really gain the benefits. Packing shouldn’t be your burden blocking you from real fun during your getaway. Here are some tips for packing:
- First, research more about your destination. Sometimes, what you need to bring depends on where you are going to visit. If your travel destination tends to be chillier than your home then you might need essentials items to fight against cold such as sweater, scarf, etc.
- Prepare your essentials especially important documents such as passport, visa requirements, credit cards, ID, etc. it is also important to check your personal essentials such as medications and toiletries. However, you don’t have to bring soap, shampoo or toothpaste though especially if you are going to stay at hotel. They provide you basic toiletries anyway.
- Always pack some plastic bags since you never know when or where you are going to need it. It comes handy so it won’t add weight to your luggage. You may need plastic bag as laundry hamper later.
- Do not bring too much clothes for a short getaway. You can wear the same outfits on both flights. Make sure to wear comfortable clothes for flights. Wear something warm such as jacket. It is not only to reduce the weight from your luggage but also to fight off chilliness on the plane. Layer yourself for flights is always good idea.
- Bring clothes in neutral colors so that you don’t need to feel too conscious about them when you wear them more than once during your trip. Neutral colored-clothes also allow you to blend with the local at your destination. You can lighten up the mood of your clothes with playful accessories.
- It is better to keep it light figuratively and literally. You don’t want to deal with heavy luggage for a short trip because it is not worth it. You won’t need many things either for a short getaway. You don’t need to bring your favorite books or novels to a short trip. Your phone is enough to keep you entertained when needed.